View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
Hopefully some others on here have experience and can help you. Luckily, Lacy never had a biting problem. I know of your story and how you rescued her at a young age. Puppies normally learn bite inhibition from their mom and littermates between 8-12 weeks of age so unfortunately, she didn't get to learn that (but like you said, it couldn't be helped in this situation). Good Luck
Thank you so much for understanding, I'm at my witz end here trying to get her to learn NOT to bite. After Gibbs passed away, Jess (our daughter) got an AKC registered chiuahuah and they played together some, but our daughter has her lil guy over in her her place, (it's like a cottage hooked onto our house.) I didn't wana let them spend to much time together right off the bat cause Maggy was still trying hard to recover from what she came from. I wonder now since Maggy is tons better if it'd be ok to let them play together more often and if they could still teach one another bite inhibition? One time when they were playing together they started to fight, I mean really fight, teeth showing, snarling and the whole bit. I separated them immediately, should I have done that or is that how they teach one another bite inhibition?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!