View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Bite, Bite, Bite, Bite, Bite!!!

GRRRRR!!!! My gosh I've NEVER seen a furbutt this hard to train NOT to bite. She's going on 12 weeks now and she was gotten WAY to young, but that couldn't be helped, it was take her then or she was going to be put to sleep along with the rest of her litter mates. I know, I know, consistancy, replace hands or feet or whatever body part she's biting with a toy, use a shaker can (actually did that with our 8 year old boxer when he was a baby and it worked.) When I try to use a shaker can with Maggy may though, she thinks it's a big game and runs around like a bat out off h*ll and runs to me to bite me and take off running again. I've tried the screaming like it hurts to and well, let me tell ya, if she was human, I'd SWEAR she was laughin at me when I scream, lol. I've simply tried turning my back to her or walking away and ignoring her and that doesn't work either, cause she romps right back on my feet and bites, bites, bites. I've even tried a spray bottle and squirted her when she's biting but then she just embraces the water ad jumps up to lick it, lol. Has anyone every used bitter apple to try and stop a furbutt from biting? If so, has it worked? Or did they get immune to it and just lick it off you? I don't want to upset her tummy with it and I also don't want her to think that she can't give kisses to our hands cause they'll always taste yucky. HELP, about to rip my hair out here. This has GOT to be the puppy stages of a skin kids terrible twos! GRRR!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!