View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
ReconsMomma
BANNED!

Default The story of Memphis

Memphis is a chinese crested cairn terrier that I rescued.

My boyfriend and I at the time were with some friends up north at his aunts bar and this lady came in with the cutest little puppy and said that she had bought it in front of the grocery store. She said that there was a little boy pup that she really wanted but a young man had bought it before she did. As she picked out her pup she made a comment about wishing she had been quicker so she could have gotten the little boy pup (Memphis). The man selling the pups chuckled and said that the young man had bought that pup to use as bait for his fighting dogs in training.
The girl was in awe that this man sold that person the puppy and she noticed the young man getting into his car so she got his license plate #. The reason that she was stopping at the bar was because she was a regular there and it was closer than going all the way home to use the phone to call the cops and report this guy.
I heard the whole story and asked her for the license plate #. One of the friends that my boyfriend and I were with just so happened to be an off duty wisconsin state patrol officer. So I had him call dispatch and get an address to this lisence plate. He did and off we went to the house where this man lived.

I walked right up to the door and knocked. A man fitting the description that the woman had given me came to the door and I asked him about the pup that he just bought. He said it wasn't for sale. I knew that he has bought the pup for $25 so I offered $50. Nothing, I went to $100, then $200 up and up I went. Well, I knew that I had $1000 in my purse cause I was going to stop on my way home from up north and buy a new mountain bike so I just kept raising my offer to the guy. Finally he took $700 for the pup. I know its crazy but that is how much I love dogs. He gave me the pup and at first I thought to myself "what were you thinking" but then the pup snuggled up into my shirt and went to sleep and I knew that I had done the right thing.

Today Memphis is just over a year old and honestly the most loving dog that I have ever had in my life. He sleeps with me, guards the shower when I am in there, guards the TP when I go to the bathroom, etc etc. I love him dearly.

If I had to do it all over again I would.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smile4thecamera.jpg (113.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg smilinMEMPHIS.jpg (77.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg listeningtodoggiesinging.jpg (108.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg watch_dog.jpg (46.7 KB, 31 views)
ReconsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!