View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
Deenie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I adopted Maggie from a shelter in West Texas in 1993. She was already 8 months old and hard to potty train, chewed EVERYTHING and piddled whenever she got excited when we got home.

That said, I was only 19 when I got her, far from being that responsible, not working with her as much as I should have. I learned that not immediately talking to her and say hi, she wouldn't piddle anymore! Her chewing stopped, she outgrew that like any other puppy. She just turned 15 last month and she's a beautiful dog, she's got the sweetest nature! She has so much patience with my two little boys and now my crazy Yorkie, Guinness. I love her so much.

Healthwise, she's gotten a fatty tumor that started growing on her side of her belly, we've had it checked out and it's not cancerous. At her age, I don't want to put her under unless absolutely neccessary and she's doing fine. Her ears need cleaned regularly and she has allergies so she gets Benedryll during those crazy months.

I love my Maggie and would LOVE another cocker if I knew they'd be JUST like her
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!