View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Hi Ellie May and tara

Gee, I didn't realise that I had to have a balance or muscle and organ meat. Yet another concern. I am so nervous already about feeding raw but want to do the best for my dog. I had a friend around yesterday and was just about to give Tootsy a raw piece of chicken and my friend nearly freaked out! She felt I was risking Tootsy's health unnecessarily. In the end I cooked the chicken!

Today Tootsy is not feeling well. Her tummy is fine - no 'cannon butt'! - but she is just wanting to sleep. She didn't want to go for her walk today which is very unusual. Of course, I am now blaming myself for giving her the raw beef! She is also constantly licking her butt. Is this due to worms? I have ordered some worm medication which should arrive soon. She has been extremely hungry and I have been told that this may be the result of worm infestation.

Thanks so much for all the info you gave me, tara, and I agree with your 'EWWW!' when it comes to tripe. I cannot BEAR it or the smell.

I have to admit that I am feeling put off the raw diet at the moment. I will go through the posts on the link you gave me, tara, and see how I feel.

Luv

Franceen xx
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!