View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #13
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn star View Post
Personally, I would not miss my daughters first recital. You can not bring back those memories, and as important as my pups are to me - I would never ever want me family to think that I would choose them over my human kids. I have a daughter that took dance and the first recital is a big deal for them. We all went (grandparents and all) sat and smiled (even shed a tear or two!)then went out to dinner afterwards to show her how proud we all were of her!
You have to do what you think is best! Your dogs wont remember whether or not they went to the meet up or not but your daughter will!
(BTW..........good name choice - my daughter is Lexi too!
I agree with this too. see...I am really torn. sorry, i'm really no help. none at all. because I would have a hard time as well. but another thought (contrary to what I posted previously) is...you mentioned letting people down....

you should talk to your daughter. if she seems like she would be disappointed if you dont' go, then you have to consider who you would rather disappoint...some of your YT friends,..or your daughter. you really don't want to disappoint her. I would suggest talking to her to see how she would feel about it. and add your feelings into that...and I am willing to be that you go to her recital you won't want to miss it.

Last edited by pepe mint; 02-07-2008 at 10:08 AM.
pepe mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!