View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
DENISE517
No Longer a Member

Default i need your help, opinions, etc....

Lexi my 3 yr old is in dance and last night they got fitted for there costume, for the dance recital this summer. The girls were all so excited over the costumes and Lexi was just thrilled. They started learning there dance and Lexi was doing so good. We were all so excited about her very first recital.......Well then I got to thinking? I wonder what date it's one. Because Lauryn, (my 14) leaves June 28th with her grandpa to go to there house in Maine for 2 weeks and I was hoping it wouldnt be then cause Lauryn would be so bummed.

Well I ask the girl and guess what date she said.....JUNE 20TH I almost bursted out in tears. (please don't think I'm being a baby) That is the date of the meet-up. I've already registered, made plans with Missy and her daughter, and I am soooooo excited and thrilled to go and meet everyone and just to get away (since I've never been away from the family in 15 yrs+)

Now I'm stuck.....How can I miss her first recital? I would probably just sit and cry knowing I was missing it. I've very involved in my kids life and I'm just not that type of parent...I would feel like I'm picking my dog over my child.

My hubby said I should just go that he would handle all of it and send me a video the next day at the hotel. My mom said I should go, everyone is telling me to go, but I just wouldnt feel right and would be missing out on her first little recital that she is soooo excited about. She is my last baby and i'm really having trouble dealing with that fact. lol

Please give me your opinions, advice, etc.

DENISE517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!