Thread: Yorkies & Kids
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #34
maxs_momma
Living life with yorkies!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn star View Post
We got Autumn when my son was 4 and daughter 7. Autumn does not always want to be bothered by my son but she is never mean or snappish w/him. She loves my daughter. Blaze loves everyone. I babysit full time for children 2-8 and both of the dogs are great w/the kids. I would not let the info you have read change your mind. Lots of YTers have children. You just need to make sure that your child is respectful to the dog. The only way a dog can defend itself is w/its mouth, so if a child is being mean or hurtful to a pup then of course it probably will get bitten. I would not just apply this to Yorkies, I would apply it to any breed of dog! Good luck!
I have to give that a

I have to say something here being with what just happened to my baby. My younger kids are great with my babies they are very careful with them and treat them like glass because they know how fragile they are. Now my 18 year old (most would call a ADULT) isn't she is not good with them at all as a matter of fact that is why i am taking care of her little girl right now. So as far as kids and yorkies or any dog teach your kids how to behave around them and they will be fine but it is the adults you have to watch out for IMO.

Mary
maxs_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!