View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Bravo916
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk View Post
This is not the impossible dream. There are several good show breeders in NC and VA who you may be able to work with. My first suggestion would be to go to some shows and figure out exactly what you like and get to know some breeders. Subscribe to YT magazine and see what is showing and what type draws your eye. You would probably be required to sign a show contract which simply says that you can't breed the dog until he is finished without permission. Some will require that the bitch be approved by the breeder of the stud and some will require that any pups that you don't keep be sold with spay/neuter contracts. Most breeders retain lifetime breeding rights and first right of refusal of future pups. With all this you can see why you want to pick the breeder of your show pup carefully as you will have a long standing relationship with them. It can be a real win/win situation since you will put an other champion under their kennel name and they will improve the quality of the pups that you are producing.

Very true. This is similar to the contract I am in however a lot of it is just oral because since getting Diesel, his breeders aka his "godparents" are practically part of the family. It is very important to have that kind of resource especially when your are showing.

I really encourage you to start in the breed ring if it is something you are passionate about.

Best of luck!
Bravo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!