View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
Bravo916
No Longer a Member

I am not a breeder but I think you are going to have a hard time finding a well-pedigreed dog with full registration.

From the tone of the conversation, correct me if I am wrong, is you are looking for a small male. Unless the male is TINY it will not necessarily make/break the average dogs show career. For females and dogs they are planning to special it is more important.

With that said, no reputable breeder I know will place a dog into a home on full registration unless the dog is co-owned and actively being shown. Breeders put their blood, sweat and tears into perfecting their bloodlines and also kennel name and would not take the risk of having one of their dogs potentially ending up with a byb or puppymill.

I am not implying you are either but I am trying to spell out the situation.

If you are serious about showing you need to find a breeder/mentor. They will probably only give you co-ownership and make you sign an agreement that the dog can only be bred to approved bitches upon completion of his championship.

I have a feeling that most of the answers you get will be on the same lines as what I am telling you.
Bravo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!