View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisatodd View Post
i forgot....
i am sorry for your loss, you must have been very scared.
i hope she continues to get better.
Thank you. Mom and babies are doing great. No more temperature and mom is eating well. We have 5 girls and 2 boys.

I am just curious....when you have female x-rayed do you have the vet very often come back and say the mom cannot deliver the pups and then what do you do? Do you wait until she goes into labor and then take the pups or take them when you think they are due? I know a lady that always had her Yorkie moms x-rayed and the vet always told her they would need a c-section. One time they were off on their dates and the vet did the c-section too early and the pups all died. In 10 years of breeding I have only had to have one c-section because that mom had one big pup in her and fortunately everything turned out well.

I have used the Oxy shot in the past but not always. In the case of this female I think the pup was in sideways in the birth canal and had I given her an Oxy shot it could have ruptured her uterus. From my experience and from what I have read the suckling of the pups stimulates the uterus and that helps it to contract and remove the afterbirth. I also had a female that had a very bad reaction to a Oxy shot so I am just paranoid about them now. I guess we all have our reasons for doing or not doing things. I do appreciate your thoughts and you input. We can all learn from each others experiences.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!