View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #37
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis53 View Post
I had to post after reading this, as I have just spent the last couple of weeks answering phone calls on my ad that I had placed in the paper listing my yorkie puppies. Just about every call I received the first thing out of their mouths, how big will they get? Didn't ask about the health or temperments or anything. Just "I want one that will only be about 3 lbs." I am so upset by this, because I see ads that say, teacups, very tiny, 6 weeks old. Of course, they are tiny at 6 wks. that's why they sell them so young, while they are still so small
No one leaves with one of my puppies without saying the magic words, "I don't care how big or small she/he grows to, I will love them no matter what"
Luckily for me, I have found my puppies homes thru YT, where folks no better
I know it's sad isn't it...I found the breeder i wanted to get my bitch from before i knew whether she had pups available or not and i was willing to wait however long that was!...i was waiting for one of her litters to be born...then noticed she was advertising one lone small bitch puppy...I never really thought that much about the size..just knew i wanted a 'small' girl of around 5lbs as that was the size of my last yorkie that i lost, I just liked this breeder and liked the look of her dogs because they all looked healthy and immaculate, she has been showing/breeding for 45+ years, i'm hoping Pixie's father will be shown at Crufts again this year.

I'm glad you found homes for your babies through YT members, at least you can keep updated on their progress.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!