View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #1
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Animal Smiley 019 Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this?

Has anyone ever heard of a breeder switching the puppy [for one of it's littermates] on a buyer when they come to take it home? For example, say I pick the puppy I want when I visit the litter, and place $100 deposit on him to hold him until it's time to take him home. Then I leave, wait, and come back when the puppy is old enough. How can I be sure the puppy I originally put the deposit on is the same one? They will only be 4 weeks old when I see them, so it might be hard to tell them apart. And by the time they're 8-12 weeks old, who knows if iI'm still getting the same puppy, right? I live about 2 hours away from this breeder so I can't really visit every week to keep track the puppy I buy. Any advice on how to recognize distinguishing features of a yorkie puppy?

Is it rude to ask the breeder about this being a possibility of happening? Do you think it would offend the breeder to take pictures of the puppies to help me keep a record, and then asking the breeder to send me periodic photos of MY puppy as he grows?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm worried someone else will come after me and offer the breeder more money for the puppy I placed a deposit on. Even though I will demand a bill of sale for proof, if she thinks she could get away with switching the puppy, what's to stop her? I am not, by any means, saying she will actually do this or that it would even cross her mind unless I bring it up, but anything is possible, right?

Please help!

Thanks so much!
y0rkiesR0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!