View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 04:39 AM   #7
royalpuppies
Yorkie Yakker

Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
Do you plan on creating a Yorkie mix free of disease? If so, don't waste your time. All breeds have genetic problems and diseases do not discriminate.

It is not a question of what is better..pure or mixed, in my opinion. I choose not to breed a mix because it takes a home away from the mix in the pound or Humane society. Not true! If I don't sell mixes someoen else will and the buyers will simply go somewhere else son't start abotu accusing me of taking away homes of sheltered pups. The breeder should not have sold these puppies to the type of person who abandons them in the first place.
Purebred Yorkies find their way to the pounds also, but it is very rare for one to not find a forever home. Yorkies mixes are not so lucky. Pound Labs, shepherds, golden, etc mixes stand NO chance of finding homes when breeders produce them a designer pups.I offer a percentage refund PLUS PAID shipping if a buyer cannot keep a puppy why would they bring it at the pound? If a breeder was irresponsible and sold a puppy to anyone who just basically dumped a dog there then that's not my problem.! NOR IS IT MY FAULT!

I have known a number of Yorkie mixes..they we re all great little pets..but as far as being healthierdependig on which breeder they came from don't forget that!, better pets with better coats and colors, I do not find that to be trueHow my Morkies have beautful coats, their personality is different (personality cannot really be BETTER in words since it depends on the person looking to buy the dog) and right now they are all healthy..If you take the best of each breed i really doubt you would be creating a bad puppy in health. Example: If I create this breed (Morkie) with only the healthyest Yorkies and Maltese are you saying that I would have problems? I knows that all breeds eventually have problems becuase that's with in-breeding. BUT I don't expect this problem for at least 100 years from now if not more? Also depending on other breeders and thier quality.
A Poodle is a fine breed, so is a Maltese or a Pom, why breed it with a Yorkie to improve something that does not need to be improved..a waste of time What ever hapenned to IMPROVE THE BREEDS!!! IMO.
A waste of time? Boy the secret to genetics is all in there, breeding the creation of a new breed. You might think it doesn't (NEED) to be improved you could just as well say you don't NEED a dog. But yet when you can find something you will like and love you get you dog.

To my opinion this is not about (NEED) or how much time is involved, I know that many many years will be needed.

I am sorry for choosing this example but it's best that comes to mind, compare this to a car company who makes the next car, will you tell them don't put your next car model for sale you are improving something that is fine? or Will you view the next car model and if you don't like it you don't have to buy it?

Thank you for your opinion though your opinions are greatly apreciated

thanks
Marc-o
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!