Thread: Doggie door
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
For My Coby
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksmom View Post
I just put in my doggie door for my backyard and Im very comfortable having it and the pups love being able to go in and out, but only if I hold it open for them. I just dont know what to do to make them understand they just have to give it a little push and they be outside. It took 2 days of bribing them with treats to go through the hole and not insist on the door. Has anyone had this problem? Id love some advice on a solution.
And just so know one gets upset Im very comfortable with them able to go in and out. Ive done EVERYTHING to make my yard safe and I leave the sliding door blinds open so I can see them. Im also lucky they dont go out for more than 10 min. to play. Theyd rather be inside with their mommy.
No experience here, but I saw something once (wish I could remember what it was exactly, but depending on how easily the door swings maybe it could work) where they put peanut butter on something to get the dogs to lick at it which showed them that the "thing" moved with little effort. I dunno.....

Oh by the way, smart dogs to get their people to open all doors for them!! ;-)
For My Coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!