View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypreciouspups View Post
Well any breeder in my opinion who lets a puppy go at 6 weeks has no clue and has got to be in this for the money, at that age they are even too young to have shots for heavens sake..
As far as teacups, I do not breed for tinies. Health is a bigger issue.. I look at people who want a teacup ( not a word in yorkie talk) they want a trophy ..

I have two tinies.. both pets only, one had 9 pound parents and I took the runt hoping to get a 5-6 pound yorkie, he is 3.5 at 5 years old.. tiny and fragile, I will not let just anyone pick him up. My other tiny is 4 pounds, yes tiny.. to me that is tiny.. I can not ever imagine looking to buy a yorkie that is ready to leave the mother or the breeder that weighs like a pound. Just cannot imagine. And I do not use the word teacup and when some one uses that word. I have no problem telling them.
I've heard some breeders say they won't sell to anyone asking for a "teacup". When someone says they want a "teacup" it shows they don't know much about the breed and they need to research and learn more before they even consider buying a puppy.

That's another thing that bugs me...so many people buy a breed of dog and have no clue about it! Isn't it important to know about the dog you own? I'll admit that I didn't know even 1/4 of what I probably do now when I got Lacy..but I at least knew the standard of the breed, the size they were supposed to be, common health problems (although I didn't have a clue they were as common as they are), and that there are no "teacup".

I used to work at a dog boutique/grooming place. This one girl brought her yorkie puppy in and said she wanted his hair really short..really short. So the groomer pretty much shaved him. Under his black puppy air was all silver hair...so the dog changed colors. When the girl picked her dog up, she couldn't believe he was all silver. She wanted to know if it would change back to black? I told her that no, yorkies' hair color changed as they aged, and he was going to have very light hair. She said, "but I don't like it this color"...OMG..you didn't think to see what yorkies looked like when they grew up?? She had absolutely no clue about the yorkie breed when I was talking to her
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!