View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Milo View Post
I need some advice about about long-term boarding. I am getting married in April in Saint Lucia, and we're going to be gone for 10 days. We don't really have any family or friends here, because we're not from here and haven't lived here long. I know being boarded for 10 days can't be fun for little guy, but I don't see any other options. Do you think this is such a bad thing?
Congrats on getting married.

I personally have never boarded Ellie and hopefully never will have to. She stays with people I know. That is the only way I am even semi-comfortable. If I had to board in an emergency, I would hope it would be just for a day.

If you absolutely have to do this make sure you are very comfortable with the facility you choose. Neglect and abuse are not unheard of. There was even a report of abuse at a PetSmart Hotel... I would get to know the owner and workers and ask lots of questions.

Is there someone there all night with them?
Do they get played with?
How many times a day are they let out (I don't think three is enough but seems standard...I would insist on at least five potty trips a day).
Do they let the big dogs and small dogs play together (I wouldn't like that)?
What vaccines do they require (if they require lepto and it isn't prevalant in your area I would not use them...)?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!