View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Default What do you think of this?

Continuing my SuperBowl Sunday ramblings......

I don't know if many of you remember how we happen to get Rusty (our yellow lab)....we got him over a year ago, so many may not remember that story.

Recap: our closest neighbors (we live WAY out in the woods, so not many neighbors) who we had never met, had Rusty, who kept coming over here. At first, he would just growl and bark and that was it, then he would play and then he would never go home. The neighbors would come and get him (dragging him to their truck by his ear, etc) When we chatted w/ them, we found out they had just had twins and Rusty was moved outside (had always been an inside dog)...and of course, he was just left outside, never played w/. So, of course he loved it over here. After months of them coming to get him, they brought over his food, etc and said that he was ours because they were just going to "drop him off somewhere" and we didn't want that.

Fast forward to now: they have never wanted him back or anything (it's been over a year), but the last few months, the lady will pull into our driveway or walk to our driveway and stop right before the tree line ends (I guess thinking that we can't see her) and play w/ Rusty. At first, we didn't know what the heck she was doing. But it aggravated us because all the dogs (even the little ones) would go crazy barking because she would be standing up there. She has even walked thru the winds.

So, one day I asked if they were wanting Rusty back...and she said "no"...I didn't say anything about seeing her. Then another time, she mentioned that she wanted a dog, but she couldn't have one, etc. But I didn't offer her Rusty because, well, he is our dog, has been for over a year! ----am I wrong? Besides, they were soooo many to him....I mean, he hated men when he first came over here and would cringe when we would try to pat his head, etc.

Well, yesterday, she did the same thing...I was outside w/ the little dogs (off leash) and I seen her pull up (we have a very long driveway)...the big dogs go crazy and run up there (they make sure we know someone is here)...so I walk up there w/ both little dogs in my arms and ask if she would stop doing that because ALL the dogs go crazy barking and stuff and it was just really freaky when she just sits in our driveway. I mean, one day we looked out the window (the big dogs were in the house) and she was standing in the driveway right were the tree line ends, just looking at our house! WEIRDO!!

Anyway, I was nice and didn't raise my voice or anything....but come on...that is just plan crazy!

What do you think? Did I do the right thing??
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!