View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #14
Dreamer74
YT Addict

I have not convinced my husband quite yet either, but I think this is all very good advise. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten two at one time so they would have always been together, but now that Buddy is 4 1/2 months I am thinking he will need to be at around 7-8 months before we can add another one. Mostly because the training is going well and I would like to be sure he has it down so he can show the next one the right way instead of two of them pottying in the wrong place. Plus by then it will be warm outside again. I think he will be ok with a puppy, he has been around our big dogs (2 brittney spaniels) some but not a whole lot, we have one outside cat he loves to play with, and he plays well with my inlaws shihtzu. He has unfortunatly learned that when staying at my inlaws house that if he is tired of playing with their dog all he has to do is poop in the floor because their dog will go and hide, and he is free to do what ever he wants. LOL

As far as getting another male or adding a female to the mix I am not sure yet. Buddy is not only our first Yorkie but he is also our first male dog, which is becoming an experiance in itself. His stuffed bear has now been appropriately named Mr. Humpfrey.....
Dreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!