Thread: Kennel Cough
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
bfitpilates
Yorkie Yakker

Oh, I feel your pain! I only learned this after making many mis-steps with my first dog. Bless her heart, she was three when she came into my life and I didn't know a lot about vaccinations, or the availability of titers and so on. She lived a long and fantastic life, thank G-d, but she was allergic to so many different protein sources, and had those fatty tumors at the injection sites. She eventually died after one of the tumors burst after a long play day. I miss her like crazy every single day, but her life also taught me so much.

I'd interview for a new vet if they don't give you some sensible answers. But, as I said, the kennel cough sounds a whole lot worse than it is. The dilemma is on giving any of the vaccines, especially to these tiny ones (my other guys are all bigger) I hate that the vaccines have become the economic driver for most vets (although the $48 'consult' bill I got when I brought in Purl for ten minutes was certainly a good rate for him to make, lol!)

And maybe look into getting a sitter for your dog when you go away for Easter? I've been fortunate to find someone that will come stay with the dogs, so I like having that option (especially now with three, big bucks to kennel!!!) Oh, the worry with these furries!!
bfitpilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!