View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
MyRuby
Yorkie Yakker

This is a little off the subject, but can maybe help anyone reading this why I am upset. I have a 3yr old little girl who adored that little puppy, she cried when she left. I figured since she was so young that she would forget, kind of out of sight out of mind, but she hasn't. Every day for the last few weeks she asks me why her dog is gone and wants me to get her back (we have another yorkie, but she liked that she could hold little Gracie and she would sit on her lap when she watched tv, our others dogs dont do that). She also asks me to not take back our other dogs, which I would NEVER do, but it kills me that she relates things to the puppy being gone.I don't think she will be traumatized for life, but it breaks my heart and any mom out there may be able to understand the remorse I feel for my decision. I was not prepared for the needs of a puppy and ran from the situation rather than make it work for my daughter. It's recently crossed my mind to find one that looks like Gracie but is more suited for our homes in terms of training, just because I feel so bad. So when I see the postings about Gracie being knocked up for what I consider to be selfish needs, as she is not an appropriately papered dog to enter into a *good* breeding program, it makes me mad. A this point I wish the dog was making my daughter happy instead.

I am a very nice person, I am also easily persuaded and tend to bend where I shouldn't. I'll agree I didn't deny that Gracie could be bred, but Dena is a smooth talker and it's hard to say no when someone convinces you of how great they are and how much they LOVE the dog, so I just figured if she loves the dog so much I guess she can do whatever, who am I do decide? I am powerless at this point.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!