View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #9
MyRuby
Yorkie Yakker

Dena is obviously well versed on breeding. IF the dog I sold her was originally going to be used for breeding, which I was told she was NOT, I would not have ever given a second thought to selling her to her. What I say or what kind of permission I give doesn't matter at this point, it's not my dog, I gave up that right. I don't agree I GAVE Dena permission to breed and said "oh you have my blessing", there's plenty of good Yorkie breeders out there. I think I just said that I wouldn't mind it since she got so much bigger than I had thought she would so at least she would be "safer" in terms of the birthing process since most of you know the dangers in breeding yorkies so small. I have a feeling that whatever I say will be debated here and I'm not looking for a fight. I worked in animal rescue for over 4 years and have an ill taste in my mouth for people who collect animals of this great amount and breed and collect in the paypal account. When I talked to Dena regarding this possible breeding of Gracie, I was under the impression it was more of a "hobby" type of breeding and not mass production which it *looks* like it will be. I think it's getting confusing here, I am not against breeding entirely, I think good breeders who help keep good lines going and truly care for their pups are great. Maybe that will be Dena, I hope she ends up being one of the good ones. Ever since I sold Gracie over an AIRPLANE, which I saw red flags from the beginning but ignored them, I have felt uneasy about her future, only being able to base her updates on this forum, never really knowing what happens beyond the keyboard. I have had many nice emails with Dena and she made me feel very good about my choice, but if I would have stuck to my original plans for her and not been so selfish because I was so fed up with her messing in my house all the time, I would have stuck it out and found her a home that I could visit first and approve in person. I have NO idea what Dena does besides dress up the dogs in pretty clothes and buy more dogs. I am against puppy mills and in my opinion someone who has...correct me if I'm wrong....over 14 dogs in a house and litters of puppies (puppyfind.com) is on their way to that status. I guess I just am mad at myself and just hope that if Gracie is bred she doesn't break! I would feel responsible. I kick myself for not spaying her first. so stupid of me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!