View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #11
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanatink View Post
I think I will try to give this a try for at least a month and if that doesnt work Im going to try counting calories and working out. The only reason I decided to give this diet a try is becasue my parents and my best friend lost a ton of weight doing this diet and I also have hypothyroid and have been told a high protein diet would be good for it so I figure this would kill 2 birds with one stone. My mom actually has the south beach book which Im reading a bit of it and once I finish the 2 week no carb induction period I can start introuducing good carbs slowly back into my diet I hope that this will maintain a healty-eating lifestyle. My dad had to do this diet because he had diabetes and he can not really have carbs and it worked wonders for him and even helped get his diabetes under control.
Ive honestly never tried ground turkey before so I will give this a try. Is it any good?
You're right about the quick weight loss A lot of people I know have lost a good bit of weight on the low-carb diet, but then they seem to plateau.

That stinks that you have hypothyroid!! You plan sounds really good! It sounds like you will only be doing the no-carb thing for a short period of time. I haven't read the south beach diet book. What do they recommend??

I'm glad you will be introducing carbs back into the diet after a couple of weeks

Yes, ground turkey is actually really good!! I had some friends over for dinner once, and instead of ground beef for the meat sauce for the pasta, I used ground turkey. They were oohing and aahing about the meal, and then I told them I used ground turkey. They couldn't believe it. LOL
You can use ground turkey in place of ground beef for just about anything without compromising taste. In fact, I actually prefer it
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!