View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
That's so great that you've already lost 35 lbs!!! That was really quick!
In my opinion though, low-carb diets are not the way to go.
You are more likely to lose the weight in a healthy way by just eating less calories, but make sure that the foods you eat are nutritionally dense...

For example, instead of eating 4 cookies, eat some banana and fresh strawberries (no sugar). So, think of it this way, let's say you have four choices...They all contain the same amount of calories(energy)...Choose the one that is most nutritious...Limit your juice intake and stick with fresh fruits.
Salads are great, just limit the amount of dressing. Eat healthy little snacks throughout the day, and try to control eating when you're not really hungry.

Carbs are necessary...They are fuel for our bodies, particularly our brain.

You could try eating ground turkey or ground turkey breast if you get tired of chicken and eggs...

I think I will try to give this a try for at least a month and if that doesnt work Im going to try counting calories and working out. The only reason I decided to give this diet a try is becasue my parents and my best friend lost a ton of weight doing this diet and I also have hypothyroid and have been told a high protein diet would be good for it so I figure this would kill 2 birds with one stone. My mom actually has the south beach book which Im reading a bit of it and once I finish the 2 week no carb induction period I can start introuducing good carbs slowly back into my diet I hope that this will maintain a healty-eating lifestyle. My dad had to do this diet because he had diabetes and he can not really have carbs and it worked wonders for him and even helped get his diabetes under control.
Ive honestly never tried ground turkey before so I will give this a try. Is it any good?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!