View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #20
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett View Post
Thank you guys about Tessa...just posting that made me cry again.

She went downhill really bad after her daddy died....She was his 'girl' and knew how sick he was and never left his side. After he died - she started losing weight fast and would wander the house at night crying and had stopped eating. Much of it was her chronic ear problems but the weight loss was totally new......I tried to get her 'back' and we went to the vet 3 times -but it got to the point where they said she had to have surgery or would be living in pain for the remainder of her life ....at that time I just didn't have that kind of money -

I didn't make the decision lightly - when I brought her back to the vet that last time - knew in my heart what the outcome would be.

I spoke with several people who had the same surgery for their cocker and there was only a small chance it would have worked for her due to her age and how bad her ear problems were .....but the guilt about not having the money about put me under...

She was especially special as she was my very 1st dog ever (My husband had bought her for me back when we first met)...making that decision was mind numbing especially since it was just 2 months after losing him - but I know I did the right thing for her. I loved her too much to let her suffer.
V, I know how hard it is to make that decision, I've been down tht road a couple of times. But she is no longer in any pain. God Bless You.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!