View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
ash04ley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Breeding.. ups and downs???

okay. ive never bred before. ive just started to do research about females and heat cycles. ive checked out debbiejensen.com and read a TON other websites. im pretty sure i want to breed pheobe. i know it wont be for about a year or so from now.. or so im guessing.. she will be 6 months old on the 8th of february. shes 4lbs1oz. im hoping she hits the 5 lb mark.. and praying for at least 5lb5oz. shes got a great backround and is a wonderful dog. i would love to help her bring puppies into this world. so im just trying to learn as much as i can.

so for all those yorkie breeders on YT... what are the upsides of breeding???? the down sides???

also.... when to breed her???? i know not to even think about it on her first heat. but is second heat okay? and when does that usually occur??(( i know its always different, just looking for a general time frame)) how many pups are usually in the first litter?? does anyone have a link to a good thread about a "first time..first litter" story??

any info is great.. thanks guys!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!