View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

This is what they say on the NV website about the raw:

Raw Frozen Diets
Nutrition the way nature intended.

Your pets are meat eaters, so raw food is the most instinctive and natural form of nutrition they can eat. A diet consisting of raw, fresh meat, organs, ground bone, and fat reflects what they would eat in nature. With natural proportions of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, proteins, and amino acids, raw diets provide wholesome nutrition for the health of your pets. The natural results of such high quality nutrition include increased energy, toned muscles, and a soft, glossy coat!

================================================== ==
Now....this is me speaking....I have read many review on NV raw and personally if I had only one dog I would certainly give it a try. I think is has plenty of protein. I would not start supplementing because this food is already complete and balanced. What I don't understand, because I am not a scientist, they say it is 90% meat so you would think it would have a higher protein count. I guess all the water in it is what makes the protein count lower. I have also read that you can feed it solely or in combination with dry food. I know not all dogs can take it but most of the reviews are very good. I know my vet sells it and speaks highly of it. He also sells Solid Gold. I would recommend you keep doing what you are doing and maybe find another vet that is a little more knowledgeable about nutrition.

Last edited by bjh; 01-31-2008 at 10:42 AM.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!