View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #92
slspackers
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
MyFairLacy - I will broaden my horizons and adjust my size up to 5, maybe 6 pounds. Also, thanks for understanding my female preference. =)

Sweetr72 - I'm not talking about a carrier, I am referring to my actual purse. The bank I go to does not let pets in, but a few ladies sneak their small puppies in their purses. (hee hee) The Post Office is the same way. Can't bring them in on a leash, but sneakily in your purse is another story! =P

Mojo - I had originally set my budget at $500, but then decided to go up to $1,000. (which, oddly enough, didn't open many more doors) However, after calling around to vets today to see how much an office visit would be when we first get her, rabies shot, parasite check, etc. and the spay, I am looking at another $400 - $500! Vets in the city are expensive!

I really want to cover all of my bases - I don't want to spend every last available penny on the dog and then not be able to buy the necessary supplies or medical care! (and yes, I find spaying the dog necessary) I think there are a lot of people out there (not on YT of course) that only think of the cost of the puppy and not what it is going to cost once you get it home.

And that, of course, is assuming the puppy doesn't have any major health problems. And you know what happens when you assume things! LOL
I live in MI. I decided to go to Banfield which usually is in a Petsmart store. They have wellness plans where you pay fee to join then you pay a monthly fee and it covers all shots, free office visits, and a whole lot more. If you get the higher puppy plan it covers spay and neutering. I have saved over $1,000 and we have only had Gracie since Sept.. She spend a whole day there one day because if you moved her she would just yelp. Come to find out it was teething. Once she cut her teeth it has never happened again. It was all covered except the pain meds and that I got a small discount on.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!