View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #75
Bravo916
No Longer a Member

When I saw this thread my heart sank.

While in Texas on business in 2003, my stepfather drove out to her place in Atoka and purchased a male and female from her. I believe her prices back then were a lot cheaper before she really got started in the puppy mill business ($550 male and $750 female). The female lived with my mom and the male came to live with me.

He flew back with both pups and we expected to live happily ever after. When the pups arrived they were both small. The female grew to be 5.5lbs and my boy who arived wieghing 12oz (she claimed he was 8wks but looked maybe 5wks old). He grew to 3.5lbs.

The female was spayed and fine until just after her 2nd birthday she started having issues with kidney stones. They were so severe that she needed surgery to have them removed. She appeared to be doing fine after the surgury but she unexpectedly took a turn for the worst when she coulndnt process the anesthesia. A blood test revealed that she had a liver shunt (completley genetic) and she could not process the anesthesia. She died shortly thereafter in the emergency animal clinic and we were all heartbroken.

My little boy was fine, or so I thought. When he had come from the breeder he had a hernia (again genetic) and there were still stiches from the surgery and he had a testicle that had not decended (genetic). He lived 9 months longer than the female did. During his surgury to neuter him and remove the retained testicle he also did not survive the anesthesia due to a liver shunt.

Both pups were from seperate litters and both met the same fate all because of poor breeding.

I cannot tell you how heartbroken I still am after losing my little boy. He has left a hole in my heart so big that there really is nothing that will fill it. I have another dog now and I adore him with all of my heart but there is still this gaping wound that my first left behind.

I really urge all of you to avoid this person. It is so much easier to walk away from a cute puppy then to burry a best friend before his 3rd birthday.

Last edited by Bravo916; 01-30-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Bravo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!