View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 05:10 AM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default Reverse sneezing?

Maddie started what I think is reverse sneezing last night several times and then this morning at 6:30. Nearly scared me to death! She has never done this before and I am wondering if her heartworm medication has anything to do with it. This is her third dose of the stuff. The first time she had it in June, I don't recall anything strange. The second dose...the next day she was violently throwing up and then ended up with major diarrhea. She is still on medication for that and the vet diagnosed her with inflammatory bowel disease. I just think it's weird how she would all of a sudden start this reverse sneezing and after she is done, I notice her stomach making gurgling noises which I haven't heard in about a week since she's been on meds for the IBD. I did a bunch of research on reverse sneezing and I think that's what it is...also did research on heartworm pills and they do have side effects and one thing it said was it lowers the immune system in dogs and the vet told me he thinks Maddie's immune system is low. I really wonder about this heartworm pill. I'll be calling the vet today. Ugggghhhh...I don't know if being a dog owner is all it's cracked up to be.
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!