View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
KimberlySRN
Twins=double the fun!
Donating Member

Default Chihuahua Pup/Dog Park?

Hello,
Well, I havn't been on for a little while. I just had a few questions, sorry this is so long.
My boyfriend bought me a little chihuahua boy. (Well he actually bought a pair, a brother and sister.) Anywho, I decided that with nursing school etc...it was too much to have two fur pups at once and we found her a wonderful home.
When we got them they didn't have any shots and that is the first thing I did was get them shots. I had them for a few weeks before we found the little girl a home, and its been about 3 days since she has been gone.
My boyfriend and I took my new pup and his cocker spaniel to the dog park as the vet said it was fine, since he was up to date and shots etc... (We took them yesterday)
While we were there I kept my little one on a leash just to make sure he didn't get hurt. We were on the side for small dogs, and all the other pups were playing with him and being very gentle and nice. (But I was still scared to take him off his lead, just in case) Well, a weiner dog came in, and as soon as they let her off the lead, she ran toward all the dogs, within seconds she bit my pup and he let out a yep. I pulled him away and picked him up. Can you believe the lady got mad at me cause I had my pup on a lead!?! She told my pup," stop crying its not a big deal", Instead of getting her dog, she let her keep walking. I told my boyfriend to get his Spaniel, he called him over and before he got to us the dog attacked him too!! Finally we got Kobe and left, and everyone at the dog park told the lady she needed to get a hold of her dog and not bring her to the dog park anymore. We all ended up leaving because she just ignored us and her dog attacked another dog. So that is 3 out of 5 dogs that were there!
My question is, when the dog bit him, she bit him on the shoulder, no blood or anything. He looked fine. But a few hours later when we go home, my pup had a loose stool, with red discharge, blood? His second stool came out less loose and less blood. I was going to take him to the vet today to see what had happened, but before I could take him, his stools are solid and no sign of blood. I called a friend whose best friend is a vet and they said that either he ate something and passed it, or possiable worms? I know the other dog didn't bit him in or near the tummy, it was just weird it happened the same day. I had wormed him a few days ago, could that be it? They said to just keep an eye on him for any changes. But if he is normal just to watch him.
He is eatting fine, drinking fine, and as energetic as ever...just curious if anyone has had seen anything? At first I tought it might be coccidiosis, just cause that is usually what it is, but other then the the blood in the stool he has never showed any of the symptoms for it. I just think that is weird how, he could have that and then all of a sudden be completly fine. They recommended I worm him again, so we will see.
Thanks for ready...

Anakin Bella
KimberlySRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!