View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #13
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
i did have her on it (try to stay away from Cod Liver oil and go with a Salmon oil) but it really upset her stomach.. she always threw up the day after... so we stopped it... but give it a shot.. and make sure it is not at her first feeding... do it in the evening so her belly is full... and try putting it in some yogurt or cottage cheese.. Lay can handle the Vit E ok but not the fish oil.

we are at a loss... she chews her paws.. her eyes itch... BUT actually i think i've narrowed it down to chicken... the more i think about it.. she has been SUPER good this month with chewing.. her eyes are still a bit watery but not nearly as bad as they were... something to think about they say chicken can be an allergen... i dread taking her to the vet because i don't want her on meds... so it was a matter of elimination only took 8 months!
Awww, poor Layla The little darling! I will give it a try on Tate and see how she does on it and I will be sure not to do it in the morning...don't want to upset her tummy

You know, I forgot to mention the thing about the chicken in my post. I was sitting here thinking today and I do remember my sister telling me that her Bulldog, Lily, cannot have food with any chicken in it what so ever. Our vet told her this as she has skin issues also. And as some may or may not know, Bulldogs are prone to skin problems. In fact, I may call her and see what she is feeding Lily...whatever it is I know has been working for her, I just can't remember the name of the food for the life of me.

Thanks for all your help girl and I sure do hope that Layla and Tate can get rid of all this darn itchy skin!

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!