View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #14
Pixieluv1020
Yorkie Talker

Hi, my yorkie has PLE. shes losing protein through her intestines. It all started when i noticed she was bloated. My bf took her to the vet. They took some x rays. The dr. saw some white fuzzy stuff. He wanted a second opinion. The other dr. saw some fluids around her abdomin. They ran so many tests. They did a blood test, urine test and a ultra sound. I even had to do a fecal test. I had 3 test tubes. (one for each day) I had to take a sample of her 1st poo in the morning for 3 days. Once i collected a small sample each morning- i had to freeze it immediately. (even the drive to the vet, the poo has to be frozen- so i stuck it in a container w/ice in it) if it were to defrost..then the samples are no good. The dr. came to a conclusion that she has PLE. Her albumin was dangerously low. it was like at 2.0. She is now on a strict special diet. Prescription Hills Z/D. She is also taking predisone every other day. Every 6 months or so i have to bring her back for a blood test. So far so good.
Pixieluv1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!