View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedmansmommy View Post
I know I actually haven't tried a Fish Oil supplement yet...I will write that down on "my list" LOL. And the Vitamin E too of course

I did homecooking for a little while when all the food recalls were going on...but then eventually ended up putting them back on Chicken Soup. Stedman just really, really likes this food and I hate to take him off of it because he eats it better than anything else I've ever given him...sigh....I just don't know what to do!

Do you have Layla on the fish oil/vitamin e? If so, has it been helping with her dry skin??
i did have her on it (try to stay away from Cod Liver oil and go with a Salmon oil) but it really upset her stomach.. she always threw up the day after... so we stopped it... but give it a shot.. and make sure it is not at her first feeding... do it in the evening so her belly is full... and try putting it in some yogurt or cottage cheese.. Lay can handle the Vit E ok but not the fish oil.

we are at a loss... she chews her paws.. her eyes itch... BUT actually i think i've narrowed it down to chicken... the more i think about it.. she has been SUPER good this month with chewing.. her eyes are still a bit watery but not nearly as bad as they were... something to think about they say chicken can be an allergen... i dread taking her to the vet because i don't want her on meds... so it was a matter of elimination only took 8 months!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!