Thread: Varying diet?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthroboi View Post
Just curious, is it okay to feed say kibble in the am and homecooked/raw (freeze dried--sorry, but I am NOT puree'ing animal offal lol) in the evening? I was just wondering if this would be a good way to vary the diet or if this might be too upsetting to the digestive system? I'm all over the place with food, Zoë doesn't seem to eat much and yet she's definately growing and pooping enough LOL so she must be eating (I just hope it's not all from treats!). She's currently on Science Diet b/c that's what the breeder had her on. We used to give our dobie Solid Gold and he loved it and was very healthy so I'm thinking of switching her to this but either way, just worried that feeding her only kibble isn't enough variety.

Should I just add a few slices of boiled chicken breast occasionally or carrots or something?

Thanks!
D-

It makes no difference. Technically I see a diet of all kibble as very boring and sad for the dog. I used to feed this way though. You can add things to the kibble. You can homecook for one meal a day (but you might have to supplement if you do that). You could feed raw one meal a day (I'm definately not advocating raw here though). The only issue is with raw and kibble. I think there has to be five hours in between feeding kibble and raw for digestive reasons.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!