View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
I trust my vet explicitly BUT when I mention not getting a rabies shot each year, he frowns. It is their policy that to be able to bring Tatum in for grooming or anything, she has to be up to date with a yearly rabies. I guess I have to go with what he says. Tatum has not had a single problem with any vaccinations. Our toy poodle never had a problem getting annual vaccinations either - except that he had to have something extra (can't remember) before shots because he got nauseous. Not saying my vet is totally right on the rabies issue but because of the area that we live in, he says the chances aren't worth taking. Now, if your dog never set foot outside or socialized with other dogs or animals, the situation would probably be different.
It's sad to me that some vet just will not change their ways. Texas state law only requires a rabies vaccine every three years. Texas law states a puppy must be vaccinated against rabies by 4 months of age and then again in one year...then after that every three years.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!