View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Bravo916
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlmon View Post
Great! Thanks for the response. I did go Sunday. I think I might go to the Santa Clara show. My niece is 4 and she was SO disappointed she didn't get to pet a Yorkie. I took her to the Silkies and she got to pet one. That seemed to satisfy her!
When I first started showing my Yorkie I was actually surprised that there werent more in the ring. You would think the AKC #2 ranked dog in the US by registrations would have a higher representation in she show ring. This amazed be because I cant go anywhere without seeing a Yorkie yet there are maybe 5-6 entered at any given show. On the flip side, I have never run into a Chinese Crested at a dog park, pet store or any other dog-friendly area yet at one show there were over 30 entered. I am convinced that there is a secret clan of Chinese Crested collectors out there lol.

With that said, there may not be the quantity of Yorkies you are hoping for at the San Jose dog shows. There are all the specialties in New York, not to mention Westminster going on the week before the San Jose dog show. Last year there were several people entered who were unable to make the San jose show because they were snowed in the airport in NY for several days trying to fly back.

As we get closer, PM me a reminder and I can send you the judging program. These dog shows arent benched like the Golden Gate one was so people usually come and go depending on when they are showing. You are going to want to catch them in the act
Bravo916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!