Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
Ponyup
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Okay, I don't know why in the world a vet would give A/D for pancreatitis but I would be having a fit... That is 30% fat. A normal dog food is maybe 14-20% fat and the goal is to LOWER fat intake. They could've made it worse by feeding that.

A radiograph might show something. Maybe try an ultrasound if you are that concerned. I don't think this can go on though. Even if these cases are mild they can turn severe. What foods were you giving when this happened? I have given stuff I shouldn't have too. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Did they do a blood panel?

Veggies aren't going to aggrevate it. You are safe with those.
They did a full blood screen when we took him before new years & all the numbers came back normal except he showed that he was slightly dehydrated, but they had already given him fluids so it wasn't a big deal. Both of my vets feel that he doesn't have pancreatitis just an irrated GI tract. They think that he just has a sensitive stomach. And my one vet feels that the stress & anxiety I've been under may be causing his issues. I'm just trying to self diagnosis right now & be preventive.

He started vomiting right before christmas because my in-laws fed him a bunch of junk. Then he seemed okay for a week, but not quite himself then stopped eating again right before new years. He was having proplan small breed formula & some people food. they fasted him for a day, gave him moxicillian & then had me feed rice & cottage cheese for 3 days. We then went back to his normal food & routine. The last time he was big time chowing down hooves, so I thought passing one might be what irritated it this time. However, I'm being to think it's roast beef from arby's that triggers it. My hubby gave him this the day before it started & we had arby's before his boute on new years. I have convinced hubby no more people food, so maybe things will be okay.

All the people at the vets think he just has a sensitive stomach. I'm just having a hard time figuring things out. He used to be able to eat anything & now it seems like he's constantly sick. I just don't know what to do. I just think it's weird that all this came on somewhat suddenly at 2.5 years old.

This all stems from christmas time. We had friends over the thurs. before christmas & he had a rawhide stick, this was to keep the friends beagle quiet that he chowed down & then ate half of the beagles rawhide stick. Then sat. at my in-laws, he had crackers (lots of them given by an uncle, he's getting put away next year or staying with my mom), lots of carrots, ham, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I feel like such a bad mommy right now. Then sunday morning he woke up very sick.

That's all I can think of regarding the current situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!