View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

I have a Skye Terrier and have shown them also. They are a totally different dog!! They are also a close relative of the Yorkie and were used to develope them as well. I think this is where the Yorkie got that beautiful coat. They are more stand-off-ish and dont particularly like other dogs, even other Skyes. They will kill small or larger vermin, including Yorkies, kittens, etc. Of course, that is what they were bred to do, same as the Yorkie. They are loyal to the extreme to their owners, but are leary of strangers. They play with squeaky toys, go for walks and are the ultimate couch potatoe!! They are the only breed that is a true dwarf and have short legs and a big head. They originated on the Isle of Skye.

I also have had Labrador Retrievers. Wonderful personalities and just a great all-around dog. They love to play, play, play, swim and hike. I just dont have the energy anymore that they require. I always told people: If you dont give a Lab a job or something to do, he will find his own things to do like tear up the carpet, curtains, baseboards, garden, chairs, etc!!!

I also had a huskey mix years ago. She was true to the husky breed. She loved to hike and run. She was never much for playing frisby or with toys, but could run all day. She was a friendly dog with strangers but I wouldnt trust her with toy sized dogs. She loved the snow.
yorkiekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!