View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
JSHealdsburg
Yorkie Yakker

I posted a lot more on another thread, but I wanted to post part of it here too to share what a wonderful little girl "Carmella" is.

I brought her home yesterday, and she was simply amazing. She's sweetness inside and out. When I brought her in, she had a tough time in the car, but she made herself at home in no time at all when she was inside. Linda sent me home with her blankets and toys, so once those came out she was familiar enough to begin walking around and investigate everything. She found where I put a potty pad and did her business right on it. She had one in her play pen, but still managed to find the one I had in the room when I let her out and she found it and was on it twice. I had read so much about problems, I was beside myself with joy when she demonstrated her skills to me at such an early age. At bedtime, we moved her to her play pen area. I was sure she would cry. She did, softly because she is young, but for 3 minutes and then it was peace through the night. (She woke up, used her pad in the pen - I found evidence in the morning - and then played with her toys - I left our bedroom door open so I could hear her).

It's clear now, that it would have been best if my husband had owned a dog at least once in his life, then we could see how his sinuses could react. He did not do well, and without going in to as much detail as I did in another thread, his sinuses were not going to get better with medication considering other health issues. Very few people have any reaction to these non shedding doggies. I guess he's one of the few, and he's heart sick that I won't be able to have a Yorkie as we had planned for so many years.

We both cried all morning and afternoon when we prepared to take her back to her own home. I just knew I could not keep her, and that while she is adorable, small, and loving, she needs to bond with someone as soon as possible. I will have to be happy to have been her 24 hour playmate. She loves to snuggle when I watch TV or type on the computer. I hope whoever gets my little angel, posts a picture now and again, because I will never forget her.

All this love, in just one (plus) day! I know she is happy at Linda's, because she is a fantastic mother, but I think she could be happy anywhere there is love.
JSHealdsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!