Thread: Need some ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
hha
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetums View Post
We found that the pee pad on the floor leaked around the edges and if it got too saturated there was pee underneath when we picked it up. So we finally got one of these (see pic below). It works really well to keep pee off the floor. We also found our furbaby had used some of our area rugs as pee pads, so we took those up, and don't use area rugs since she can't tell what is okay and what isn't to pee on. We have carpeting, so we had Stanley Steemer out to do a good carpet cleaning and that helped tremendously with any lingering odor. We've now moved the whole thing out to our deck so that Pookie can go out there when the weather is bad and it now doesn't effect us in the house.
I got one of those trays, I gave it to my son for his dog, believe me, they can still pee on the edges of those, or if they get too close to the sides, it can still go up underneath them..I use Drsfostersmith xtra piddle pads, they absorb better than any of the others I've tried..My family room smells like pee, but, it's carpet, and I know there is dog pee all over out here..I only allow my dogs in the laundry room, family room and kitchen, and no further, they have their space..With wood floors, the pee can get down in the cracks..
hha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!