View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #32
babyparis
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewtee
No, he is a yorkie - get used to it
I went through a training programme with the oldest and she was top star of the class. As soon as we were home, she would do exactly as she wanted to.

We have worked out an order here - I have done an immense number of leadership exercises with her and there is no doubt that I am the leader....most of the time....and often, that is how far you can get the yorkie.
Remember you didn't buy a drivveling poodle who will do anything to please you, no, you got yourself a REAL intelligent dog, who has a personality and will of his own

And welcome to YT! (Your humor is very Danish, so I thought the bridge-thing was incredibly funny as I visualized it. I know you wouldn't do that!)
Remember you didn't buy a drivveling poodle who will do anything to please you, no, you got yourself a REAL intelligent dog, who has a personality and will of his own

well said kewtee. it is true. my yorkie doesnt listen half the time but she still knows when im frustrated and if i say no it means no. but boy does she have a personality of her own. she is very smart. and though i did have alot of sleepless nights when i first got her, i finally gave in and let her sleep with me and she got over the crying and barking thing and didnt get up to pee until my husband got up for work at 7 am. but i do have to say she is very spoiled now and when i visit my parents out of town she refuses to sleep with the other dogs she wants to sleep with me or my mother. i guess she thinks she is in her own home and she can do whatever she wants.
babyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!