View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #9
CC's
YT Addict

I just sent home a tiny girl. I had to charge more for her due to higher expenses.

I tube/bottle fed her for the first month of life. She saw the vet more than once, had all her puppy shots, Patella's checked, bile acid test. She had no open font, not 1 hypoglycemia episode, good appetite, spunky and very nice quality.

She went home with her crate, book on yorkies, blanket, washable piddle pads, bag of food and roll too, treats, chew bone, toys and her harness and leash. I had to get her a ferret harness she was to small for any others.

I waited until she was 1.5 pounds and 6 months old before I let her go. She may get to 2-2.5 pounds as an adult.

She was $1500 and worth every penny. I'm not sue I could justify upwards of $3000 to myself for a pet quality (non-breeding contract) unless more screenings were run.

She may have been a runt. It doesn't make any difference if they are bred that way on purpose or not, as long as they are health screen properly before being sent home.

My pups are priced as pets. Male or female, size, shape or face, doesn't effect the cost or time I put into my pups or their parents. Most of the time my pups are all the same price. I don't price for "suppy and demand", but what I need to be able to stay into the world of breeding yorkies without cutting corners.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!