View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #3
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett
I liked your post - I'm not saying THIS breeder – but, the breeders I see on the net are capitalizing on smaller sizes....

Your friend sounds great - keeping them up to a year justifies a higher price….and care packages are a wonderful way to ensure a good homecoming - She sounds like she is one of those breeders that really DO love the breed.....I commend her for her care and love for yorkies.

I have a feeling there are so many new breeders out there who don’t go that extra mile with their small yorkies …..how would one even know when a breeder is actually tripling the price of a runt just due to it's size ? Most breeders will not share that information would they ? wouldn't they just say it's smaller therefor more expensive ?
yes, some of them do. One breeder I saw sold her tiny Yorkies for twice as much as her standards(1500. vs. 3500 up) and she said it's because they are tiny. (at least she was honest about that part) Her runt of that litter was $10,000.

The problem with someone trying to get tiny is they have runts too! Try for standard and you may get a 2.5-3.lb runt. Try for the 3lb. and the runts are REALLY small.

There are as many types of breeders as there are appearances in Yorkies. Everyone needs to do their homework, be ready to ask questions and decide what is ethical for them. Even breeders who share breeding stock do not always agree.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!