View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Candacekimble
Yorkie Talker

Cry Puppy food help!!!

Hi All,
I have been reading this website for a few months, ever since I got Pixie about 2 months ago. She is about 5 months now and a really funny yorkie. Your posts have been so helpful. She is my first yorkie; I had a Staffordshire terrier in the past, so needless to say much different experience. She is doing really well on crate training, holds it through-out the night, during the day (with a lunch break), and has not had an accident in the house in a few weeks. She gives me the saddest look when she needs to go outside. Also, she wakes me up every morning 1 minute before my alarm clock goes off, how funny.

The problem I have - ever since I got her she has had runny to bloody stool.

The breeder gave me a mix of Bil Jac Puppy and Royal Canine to feed her but that caused really bloody stool and a trip to the vet (who gave her the all clear). After a few experiments, I took her off the Bil Jac and fed her Royal Canine 33 only – miraculously NO more bloody stool but still rather soft to runny. The only time her stool has been somewhat firm is when I fed her Royal Canine mixed with Pedigree Lamb/Rice canned. I want to keep her on a good dry kibble, since I know its better. I have read your posts and I’m torn between Avoderm, Nutro Natural, Chicken Soup, or Canidea. I already have two bags of uneaten dog food and really don’t want to keep adding to the storage room. Any suggestions before I go out shopping again? Or just keep buying food to find something that works.

She is not a picky eater, she will eat just about anything and she is healthy otherwise.
BTW, my pit bull ate Ol’roy and with no problems (I didn’t know any better at the time) so this food thing is foreign to me.

Sorry So Gross, but I feel so bad for my snoodles.

I know there are similiar posts but after reading I was still a little lost.

Thanks In Advance
Candace in Cleveland
Candacekimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!