View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyK09 View Post
I really appreciate the Welcome!

Thanks for the GREAT tips. I will have to check to see what the cleaner all has in it - it's been so long since we had a puppy. I'm using Lysol Kitchen Cleaner - it's actually what we use to wash off our table and counters (it's safe and it doesn't need to be rinsed).

It's a great idea to bring the puppy by Angel when she's tired out (why didn't I think of that LOL). She sometimes falls asleep in our arms or laying on us...maybe we could bring Angel by her then.

I was planning on giving her treats only when we see her doing something great like going potty on the pee-pad. I think what I may do is break apart the treat and give her a crumb at a time (instead of the whole treat). I definitely don't want her "filling up" on treats instead of the nutritous food she needs. I have to admit it really freaked me out at first how small she is.

"Owned by Sassy" - what a cute name! My daughter also used her savings for the puppy. That's how we really knew she was serious. She is not a spender (at least not with her own money)! She has truly stepped up on caring for the puppy. She does everything - from feeding to mopping the floor and cleaning up the mess. She's doing amazing with Mariah. My husband and I took getting a puppy very seriously - we know it's truly like having another child!

I hate to sound so stupid but...what is an xpen? Is it similar to a crate only bigger? I'm wondering if that might be better then our bathroom in the long run. We want to keep her safe while we are not home with her. And until we potty-train her, I don't want her to have the run of the house.

I tried to attach pics - we'll see if it worked!

THANKS!
There are lots of different kinds, but this is my favorite. It doesn't scratch hardwood floors. Plus you can put shower curtain liners under the pens to totally protect your floors and use the bedding and piddle pads on top.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...amily&keepsr=1
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!