View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
soccbydo
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Actually, someone please correct me if I am wrong, but dogs can get unregistered with AKC if AKC finds out there was some hanky panky going on with the registration of the litter. Wrong stud, wrong bitch and DNA tests proves the dogs don't match. Someone on YT who purchased a dog from a breeder had that happen to them.

Absoultely correct. And I know of some that were kicked out the AKC, tho they still continued to breed.

Reasons that dogs get limited Reg papers or none at all it is because the dogs have problems, Tracea Collapse, patella, Hip Displasia, problem eyes, mouth, teeth at birth, open fontanelle etc and therefore, they are not breeding material as they do not improve the breed, but diminish it with runts.

Breeding programs are to improve and safeguard a breed of dog to its full attributes, not to diminish it. Sometimes people do say you have a good pedigree only to learn the bitch who was to be the mother dog was not even alive at the time LOL. Also breeders get closed down and kicked out AKC and other global clubs for that same reason.

Hope this makes some sense. be weary of buying a purebread from someone who is not registering them. there is a reason

Last edited by soccbydo; 01-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.
soccbydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!