View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
joeysowner
Yorkie Talker

Default In the Same Boat

We got a male yorkie because I have two daughters and we thought a male would favor my husband and not us. Well, he does follow me everywhere and cries when I leave the room. He will sit on someone else's lap until I come in the room, and then he makes a beeline for my lap. It is cute, but can be a bit annoying. Our solution? Get another Yorkie. We got a female, Harley, in Dec. and now the situation is doubled!!! They both fight for placement on my lap. She usually wins because for some reason, Joey has let her be dominant. We got her to give him some companionship and although they do play quite a bit (sometimes it looks like a brawl), they both still bark when I leave the room and she escapes through the gate and finds me. Ugh! She's only been with us about 7 weeks so we'll have to see how it goes. My advice? Don't have any at this stage. Many I talked to who have 2 said it is soooo much better. Obviously they've forgotten that first "wonderful" year and didn't mention the low before the high. I'm still waiting for it...
joeysowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!