View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
addicted
IheartYorkies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
I feed the Merricks. I like the quality of the food. I would suggest though that you don't keep switching back and forth. That will definitely make them more finicky.

I had asked the vet about food variety and wanting to give Lulu a different flavor. He told me dogs are not like humans in the sense that they get tired of a flavor. All they know is they are being fed. My dad who used to breed dogs way back when has told me the same thing. Not sure what to make of it but I try to stick to the same food. I might add a drop of warm water to make some gravy in the merricks once in a while to give a bit of extra flavor or add some grilled chicken but otherwise I keep on with one food.

When I got Zoey and Lulu they were eating something that the breeder sent. I knew it wasn't as high of a quality of food as I would like so I switched them over. At first they resisted becuase they liked what I consider the "Junk Food" but when they had no choice they settled in and ate the food I gave them (merricks) with no problem.

Either way good luck in your decision but I do caution you to settle on one and not go back and forth.
Thanks, I know it's not good to switch back and forth. That's why I'm trying to stick with one. I see a lot of members feed their babies Canidae, but I liked what Merrick had to offer. I wanted to see which is best. I saw that Merrick had a beed food score than Canidae, but for some reasons most members are feeding Canidae. Thanks for the heads up! I guess I will stick to Merrick .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!