View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #100
daisy mae06
Kodi & Pixie 2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie's mom View Post
OK, I wasn't going to get into this thread, and seems I'm late-coming as condolences are appropriate, now. And, I'll confess to having flushed more than a few fish in my day (post mortem). I, too, used to think of fish as just a food source; or pet that provides us with calming beauty. However, I saw something on Animal Planet several years past that has forever changed how I look at fish. I used to enjoy fishing with my hubby; but, now I can't put a hook into a fish's mouth any more than I could shoot Bambi. And, YES, I do eat meat. I suppose I could hunt if it meant survival. Anyway, I digress.... The clip on AP showed two lion-head goldfish. One was black, and the other was gold. At first glance, I noticed the gold one looked like he was dying, or had serious swim bladder problems, as it stayed to the middle of the tank sort of on its side. Then, someone's hand sprinkled a bit of fish food on the surface. The black fish swam under the gold one, and gently carried it to the surface to eat! Now, I guess it can be construed as species survival; but, wouldn't you think the black one wouldn't give a fin about whether the gold one lived, IF they're just autonomous creatures?
Ada that was a great story thank you for shareing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!